Saturday, June 04, 2011

The Blessed Rain!

Hello all,

As promised, I am checking in, but with a rather un-crafty post.  I am working steadily through a new blanket which is going really well although I continuously seem to botch up the pattern slightly but in such a way that I am compelled to frog back about 3 rows each time and then re-do them.  Wretched.

Now, today where I am it is pouring with rain.  Not just showers as they promised but pouring!  Which ordinarily might inspire me to think, "oooooh, what a lovely day to snuggle up with my little puppy and Mr. Frogged and stitch up a storm." But on this particular day the only things that I thought were not lady-like enough for me to post just here.  You see, next weekend I'm cycling (with the Mr.) 213km for charity.  Before you think I'm any kind of athlete - don't.  I'm not,  nor ever will I be an athlete, and if you ever were looking for me with "athlete" as the model of choice, you'd never find me.  Cute though I may be, I'm scarce 5'-0" tall and a bit soft all around.  That said there is still this insanity about cycling which I've gotten myself into and now I have to complete.  Turns out Mother Nature is not on my side as she has decided to spend all spring up to and including today piddling down with rain and the gym is a poor substitute for the road. 

As I write this, the 3 1/2 hours of thunder and lightning appear to have dwindled to a drizzle (light showers my foot, weatherman!) and I will after all be able to bike like a mad woman to complete 80km today before dark.  So without further ado, HERE I GOOOOOoooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment