Thursday, September 01, 2011

Dear Autumn

September 1, 2011.

Dear Autumn,

I'm so glad you're here!  It's always nice to see my favourite season, but I have to say that I think Summer left us rather abruptly, and without so much as a farewell.  That said, I should expect no less from her as she often arrives late only to leave early or rain whenever she doesn't get her way. 

But back to you Autumn, how wonderful you look this time of year.  I'm so looking forward to your brilliant colours and seeing all the kids back at school, and apple-picking, and buttery corn on the cob, and crock pots of stew simmering all the day long, and the Bindertwine Festival in Kleinburg, and of course wool!  It's the Kitchener Waterloo Knitters Fair next Saturday and I'm counting the days.  In preparation I have begun working on my Bobble Blanket in my superwash merino from Knitpicks and it's so much lovelier than the cotton nonsense I've been forcing myself to work with all summer.  And so I must thank you for coming and making it possible for me to do all of my favourite things while still not wearing a coat. 

Sincerely,
Mrs. Frogged

1 comment:

  1. I love Autumn too...especially after a hot summer here in the states. My hands are even cold right now typing this...need to go wip up a pair of fingerless gloves to wear!

    ReplyDelete