Thursday, January 05, 2012

Just Keep Stitching

So, instead of ACTUALLY knitting or crocheting this week, I've been painstakingly weaving in ends on the first half of my ripple blanket. I had crocheted over my ends but evidently that was not to be, so I pulled all the ends out a little and have been slowly working them in with a large eyed needle. Usually this would pretty much kill me with boredom, but instead it's kind of calming.
In other news I'm STILL battling my cold. What the HECK, man? Why is it my lot in life to enter every new year in a state of sinus malfunction? Clearly, things could be worse, but really? Is it necessary?
What I've noticed in my weaving in frenzy is that I can pretty whole-heartedly watch all the new years TV premieres and the most resounding thing I've noticed is that A) 5 minutes cannot pass without a diet commercial and B) every movie ever made is being released in 3D. I kind of resent both of these things. I understand the need for healthier lifestyles and in weight loss but it is obvious that they are just trying to max out the New Year Resolution bandwagon and play on people's insecurities. Maybe I'm just over sensitive because I'm sick and haven't been to the gym or Weight Watchers since before Christmas but I needed a good rant. As for the 3D movies, well they give me a headache and cost more. Enough said.
Woosh! Ok I feel better now. Thanks for that. I am off now to continue to find the peace within the end weaving.
Just keep stitching, just keep stitching...Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I love the colours you chose for your blanket.
    And I agree with you 100% about the 3D movies. I wear glasses, and after wearing the 3D ones overtop of mine, my ears and eyes hurt.
    -Nicole
    Knit, Nicole, Knit!

    ReplyDelete