Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

So, much like at the beginning of 2012, I'm again one day late, but Happy Year of the Dragon everyone!! At this link http://www.usbridalguide.com/special/chinesehoroscopes/Dragon.htm you can find all sorts of neat info about Chinese Horoscopes, be forewarned though, you may be there for hours. I think that such a massive and important holiday and celebration is positive enough to count for Positivi-Tuesday news.
As far as what I'm loving this week, I would have to say that I'm really ploughing through my Chick-Lit book of the moment, Divas Don't Knit by Gil McNeil. I'm not usually a Chick-Lit kinda gal but every now and then it's such a nice escape to get away to a simple girl meets boy story, or in this case a "girl moves house and buys yarn shop and meets famous people" story. The book reads like a conversation over tea with a good friend - a good British friend. There is definitely a tonne of British slang, which is fine by me. With an English mum, Brit-slang is my first language. In any case, I totally recommend the book.
I'm also loving the socks I'm making for the Mister. Knit1, Heart Too is hosting a Sock Knit Along that I'm hoping to enter them into before March. I'm working them toe-up with a 2x4 rib on the instep and I am pretty sure I started with my Judy's Magic cast-on inside out so there a ridge of purl stitches along the toe which looks like a seam. It's a mistakification and I kind of like it.
This week I'm looking forward to a movie and lunch date with my former boss. I will let you know what the movie is like. I'm also looking forward to finding some time to spin this week and weaving in some MORE ripple ends!!
Until next time, happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a good book...! I mentioned to my daughter your comment about weaving in the ends. She decided to weave in each strand after completing that color row(s). So far all ends weaved in and looks beautiful. Hope you will post a pic of yours soon. :)

    ReplyDelete