Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Positivi-Tuesday!

Well that was a brief break, wasn't it? But here I am to kick of this new Positivi-Tuesday post! I have to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what this will become but bear with me.

Each week I will try to bring you one thing that can make us all smile. Some piece of good news, for a change, that floats out there in the media. I will also share one thing that is happening in my life right now that brings me joy and one thing I'm really looking forward to. Hopefully, these little gratitudes will raise all our spirits.

Here goes nothing. First, in the news we can all stop worrying about the 2012 Mayan prophecy. I have just read on a number of sites, including ABC, that the apocalypse will not be happening this December. This is excellent news since it will give extra knitting time. This isn't the first time I have heard this, though. My tour guide in Mexico last year also told us that the end of the world was not coming...merely the end of the calendar. Can you imagine if we all jumped to this kind of conclusion with a regular calendar?? December 31 would become the most dreaded date of the year. Fortunately, we have nothing to fear.

Aside from the continuation of life as we know it, I'm currently deriving a great deal of joy from people. Maybe it's residual good tidings from the holidays, or maybe I'm romanticizing things, but either way, I have found that sharing, talking, learning and laughing with friends, family and colleagues this week is making me super happy. That just means I will need to savour all the company I can get.

Lastly, I am really looking forward to this month's date night!! We have decided to go see the Chagall exhibit at the Art Gallery of Ontario and have brunch too! If artwork and Mr. Frogged weren't enough excitement, brunch is my favourite meal.

Anyways ladies and gents, that's all for now. Leave a comment with your thoughts and let's try to all generate some positivity! Until next time, Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, no doubt 2012 will carry on just like any other year into 2013...which is really good news because the world can't come to an end until I get all my projects in order, my house completely cleaned (every room all at the same time) and read all the books I have stacked next to my bed, my chair and on several bookshelves...there is something just sooooo cool about the way a new book smells and feels. I'm digressing...sorry! I will look forward to your positive Tuesday posts...and if 2012 is the end of time (how exactly did ABC news know that it isn't???) then I am really hoping that God in all His goodness has a special place for knitters to bring our stash with us.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, a little bit late but Happy New Year to all... Sorry, but I beg to differ on the end of the world thing,I will be turning 60 in 2012 and that feels like the end of the world to me....just kidding... NOT!!! No, I am really, kidding I mean, after all my head says I'm only 21 so who am I to argue :o)

    ReplyDelete