And bathing and brushing this after a mucky trip to the apple farm:
I realized that Halloween is almost upon us.
I have to say, there are about 17 different ways I don't want to dress up this year.
"Seventeen?" you say. Yes, 17. This is regularly my argument number of choice and I really do have that many reasons. Don't believe me? Read on...
1. There is the choice of costumes readily available for ladies: sexy something, witch, or animal. Not promising.
2. One size DOES NOT even fit all of ME let alone all. Costume makers when will you learn??
3. It's cold here. I don't know why no one knows this but in Southern Ontario on Halloween it is almost invariably winter coat weather and yet costumes for anyone over the age of 3 are too cheap/skimpy to keep anyone warm.
4. I'd rather embark in some stash enhancement with my spare cash than spend it on a costume I can't ever and won't ever wear again.
5. Let's be serious, I'd rather be knitting. Duh.
6. Or crocheting.
7. Or spinning.
8. Or blogging.
9. Is it just me or does anyone else get candy apple and chip crumbs down the cleavage of their Halloween costume???
10. There just isn't any way I'm going anywhere dressed as a "Snooky". I don't care what pop culture tells me.
11. After age 9 face paint is gross and greasy. I mean I'm sure it is before age 9 too but you tend not to notice as much.
12. Wigs are hot and itchy.
13. Masks, even new ones, smell weird.
14. As someone who is 26, married and without children I am in the stage of life in which I need amuse neither the immature boys of my youth nor my own offspring with my costume choice.
15. Most people I want to be for Halloween are thinner than me.
16. Being Stephanie Pearl McPhee for Halloween would be rather an obscure reference for most of the people I'll see Halloween night.
17. I just don't wanna, alright? Is that so bad?
Despite all this I do have a costume party to attend in which I fear I will stand out more if I don't dress up than if I do so here is the short list:
#1: Betty Page
#2: The Paper Bag Princess (by Robert Munsch)
#3: Zombie Slumber Party Girl
Leave a comment to tell me what you'll be for Halloween or what you think I should be.
Until then, happy crafting.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone