This was our menu:
Perogies with Sour Cream
Apple Baked Pork Tenderloin
Roasted Yams and Parsnips
Peas and Corn
Cake brought and baked by our guest
Since I managed to so quickly whip this up, I thought I'd share one of the recipes with you. Here is how to make my Sqaush Soup.
1 Medium Butternut Squash
1 Medium Pepper Squash
Apple Cider Vinegar
3 Stalks of celery
1/2 Yellow Onion
2 individual packets OXO Low Sodium Chicken Bouillon Powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tsp salt
- Cut both squash in half and scoop out and discard seeds. Peel both squash and cut into 2" cubes. Place in pot with water to cover and place on stove at medium-high heat.
- Once water is boiling add OXO and table salt and stir to blend.
- Chop celery and onion into 1/4" bits and saute in a separate pan in the oil. Add 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and a generous sprinkling of sage and thyme.
- Once the squash are soft, turn down heat to low and blend carefully using an immersion blender.
- Add the sauteed vegetables to the blended soup and let simmer.
- Add 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar and stir.
- Serve with fresh ground black pepper, and a table spoon of sour cream in each dish.